VW Audi of Chattanooga
Job Title: Courtesy Driver
Reports to: Service Manager/Fixed Operations Manager
Position Description: The Courtesy Driver is responsible for the transport to and from their places of business or home while their vehicle is in the Service Department, Body Shop or other area of the facility. Wear company approved uniform. Must present a professional appearance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly, courteous and prompt transportation to customers while the customer’s vehicle is being serviced or repaired.
- Pick up and deliver packages, parts or mail to the facility.
- Run errands for the facility.
- Drive defensively.
- Comply with all motor vehicle laws.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle. Recommend repairs/maintenance work to management. Ensure registration and license tag are current.
- Ensure all occupants wear seatbelts. Child restraint seats must be used in accordance with local law.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Should be knowledgeable about the area or town. Current valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and handle tools. Occasionally requires the ability to lift 20 pounds of material. Frequently works near moving mechanical parts. Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department. Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date