VW Audi of Chattanooga
BDC Internet Sales
Position Description: Internet Salesperson
Reports to: General Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Sells new automobiles, including cars, trucks, and vans by obtaining and responding to internet leads at dealership gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction standards by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to customer requests from the internet lead system and determines make, type, and quality of vehicle desired.
- Provides details about features and suggests optional equipment for customer to purchase.
- Researches availability of models and optional equipment using computer database.
- Sets appointment with customer to come to the dealership to demonstrate the vehicle, via a test-drive.
- Consults with Sales Manager when necessary; never allowing a customer to walk without first consulting with a Sales Manager.
- Delivers new vehicle to customer. This process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a prospect development system and makes follow up calls to those potential customers.
- Follows established selling steps and selling policies and procedures.
- Remains knowledgeable of new products, features, accessories, etc.
- Attends sales meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Meets, or exceeds, written forecast and projection numbers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registration:
Current, valid, driver's license; satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) acceptable to the company’s insurance company in order to operate vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work 5 to 6 days a week, 8 to 10 hours per day. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date